Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A place for me to share my thoughts about everyday life with anyone who loves to read blogs or are just bored..or maybe they are lost in cyberspace and stuck here listening to my ramblings...or....well, you get the picture.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

A somewhat public outing...

If you refer to the previous post....clicky, you will know about my recent offer at my car.

Of course, I could not keep this type of information to myself and had to talk to Mrs. N. about it, because she is so cool. Anyway, I get a chance to talk to her today and explain what has happened.

While doing so, a guy from class hears part of the conversation. So, he asks if I have a stalker, and I say no and give him the short version of what happened. His eyes get a little big, then he asks the question that us lesbians could get rich over if we got money every time we have heard it, the "can I watch" question. Now, at one point that would have made me a little upset, but now I just laugh. So, I tell him I wished I had a dollar for each time I have heard that. I continue to tell them about it and he says " since you brought it up, which way do you swing?" The smart ass in me wants to say..umm up and down? But, instead I answer with completely lesbian.

Mrs. N informs him of my blog, and says that he is in it. So, he asks her if I was who she was talking about when she told him after class he needs to watch his comments because there are gay people in the class. She says yes and I wave at him and he says wow, I would have never known. Those of you that have seen me know that I more than pass for straight. But, the upside to that is when you do come out, you make people think. You make them wonder what other girls or guys they know, and assume are straight, are actually gay.

To which I reply that I fly stealth under the gaydar and that most lesbians don't know I am unless I tell them.

And so is the curse of being a lipstick lesbian.

Mrs. N is quick to let him know that a big group of us going to pride this year and how she is looking forward to it because she supports gay rights. And to my surprise this guy says how he is for gay rights. He says that it doesn't matter who you love as long as you are happy. :-O


While I am talking to him, another guy walks up and now he knows I am a lesbian too.

And I wonder why my wife thinks I am a big ol flag waver! Ok, ok, I admit I have no problem telling people that I am gay. I believe that people need to be aware that we are around them and that we are not that different from them.

Although, Mrs. N. said she was glad that I enlightened him, because he needed it and she liked the way I did it.

Now, all I need to do is lead a pride parade!!! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home