Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A place for me to share my thoughts about everyday life with anyone who loves to read blogs or are just bored..or maybe they are lost in cyberspace and stuck here listening to my ramblings...or....well, you get the picture.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Why my back hates me

Every once in awhile, I get the wild idea that I need to take on a large cleaning project in the house. I always like the results of this project, but my body does not.

So, last night, I decide that I am going to clean the laundry room. This is not a small task. There was over 10 bags full of clothes that we were planning on getting rid of.

After finally getting all the clothes out of the laundry room, moving all the stuff around, sweeping the floor, it is time to move the ladder.

I am on this big cleaning high. The room is looking great, I can move around. I am so excited! I got the washer going with clothes I have been looking for. The kids are both asleep and letting me clean till my heart is content.

Now, for the record, I am barely 5 ft 1. But, I am She-ra, Princess of Power! *flexes muscles, then whimpers in pain* If you do not know who She-ra is, you are too young to read this blog! (just kidding)

Anyway, I go to move the ladder and somehow, somewhere, the bottom of it gets caught on something. So, I wiggle it, and it is still stuck. I wiggle some more, and finally it is free! Whoohooo!

Then I look up.

Above me is a Fisher Price 4-wheeler. One of those that is on the base and weighs, I swear, 50 lbs! The handle bar of said 4-wheeler is caught on the ladder. I try first to push it back on its little bitty shelf with the ladder. Finally, after about 10 mins of moving it, it goes back up.

YAY!

Then I try to move.

Here comes the 4-wheeler again. Ok, at this point I have oh..maybe 3 choices.

1. I can run like hell and hope nothing breaks as the ladder and 4-wheeler come down. Risk the chance of it waking up the kids, or worse, not making it out of there before something falls.

2. Allow it to land on my head.

3. Try to catch it!

*Drumroll* # 3! # 3!

So, I go to catch it and remember that I am still holding the ladder. So, with one hand, I hold the ladder, with the other, the 50 lb 4-wheeler. I gently guide the 4-wheeler to the floor,put the ladder safely away, sigh, and smile because I am so damn smart!

Then I woke up this morning. I feel like I have been in a car accident. The muscles from the top of my shoulder to the ones down to my butt hurt on the side that guided the 4-wheeler. I cringe in pain when I lift my arm.

But the 4-wheeler is safely on the floor with no scratches!

My wife, seeing the wonderful cleaning project tries to figure out what makes me get in these moods.

So, today, as she hugs me up and leaves for work, she tells me "If you get in the mood to clean, go with it!"

*sigh* I wonder what my new cleaning project will be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home